Tips On How To Make Your Move A Memorable One
When you know you’re about to move soon, for sure, the first thing which pops in your mind is the stress you’ll experience. Your attention will be divided into completing several tasks, and usually, these should be done all at the same time. For starters, you’ll have to create a timeline on what tasks to accomplish when, scout for the perfect moving company to help you out and allocate a certain amount of money for your moving expenses. Moving might be daunting and time-consuming, but there are strategies to turn things around.
Regardless of when and where you’re moving, you can never diminish the tasks required from you. You can’t possibly skip packing all of your valuables just because you’re moving in the same city – how can you guarantee that these valuables will be in mint condition the moment you arrive in your new home? Aside from determining which tasks need to be done, consider the tips below to make your move memorable:
1. Give yourself time: Time is important when you’re moving. When you have enough time on your hands, you won’t end up cramming just to get things done. More time means having the luxury of completing several tasks with ease and efficiency. This is the reason why as soon as you finalize your moving date, you should get the ball rolling.
List down all of the tasks you have to accomplish and sort these based on your priorities. If you’re planning to hire movers, start scouting for options, too. Doing all of these ahead of time will give you ample time to make necessary adjustments whenever emergencies happen.
2. Get organized: Organization is key to have a memorable move. You need to maintain organization before, during and after the move. When you already have your list of to-dos, divide them into weeks to determine which ones you should accomplish first. This will also give you an idea of the process you’re making.
3. Clear out the clutter: You might have excused yourself from spring cleaning, but since you’re moving, you really need to declutter your home. You can do this by simply going through the different areas of your home and assess which ones are still usable or not. For the items which are still usable, you can either have a garage sale before the move or give these to charities and organizations. Any of these options will help you get rid of clutter from your home, saving you money from paying higher moving expenses.
4. Ask for help: You don’t have to shoulder all of the responsibilities whenever you’re moving. You can always tap the help of movers from NYC if you’re moving to and from this city, or have your friends and family help you out. Asking for help from any of these people will make your next move become a breeze! After all, they have already experienced moving in the past so they can give you tips on how to get this job done.
5. Say goodbye: Regardless of how noisy your neighborhood is, you will surely miss the people living here. You will miss visiting their homes just to have dinner while talking about anything and everything under the sun. To make your move less emotional, allow yourself to say goodbye to these people by inviting them over for a meal at your house. While you’re at it, don’t forget to leave your new address to them just in case they have plans in visiting you.
You should also have the time to visit memorable areas in the neighborhood to relieve all the fun times you had there. You might see yourself getting teary-eyed while doing this but allowing yourself to bask in these emotions will make it easier for you to move forward.
6. Treat yourself: When you have accomplished your weekly goals, don’t forget to reward yourself. If you’re able to hire a credible yet affordable mover two weeks prior to the schedule, take time to visit your favorite spa or restaurant, and just enjoy. This will motivate you to continue with your efforts for the move while having the avenue to de-stress. After all, you deserve to spoil yourself once in a while!
7. Get enough sleep and eat well: Although most people know that moving can be stressful, only a very few actually exert effort to sleep and eat well weeks before the move. If you want to have a memorable move, make sure that getting enough sleep and eating the right foods are included in your to-do list. A well-fed and well-rested body will aid you to do more tasks with efficiency.
It’s Easy When You Know How
The maxim that states, “There are many ways to skin the cat” still applies when you’re moving from one location to another. Moving might be considered as a tedious task, but as long as you’re using the right techniques, everything can come off easier. Gradually use the tips presented in this article and soon enough, you’ll remember your next move for all the right reasons!